If you own rental property, then you know how important it is to keep it in good repair After all, if you do not, then tenants will become irate, and absolutely you will have empty units. But, at the same time, getting work done on a property that needs several different projects can be stressful – especially if it means trying to manage the work or even just trying to get things organize!
Fortunately, there are a number of companies who are more than happy to handle multi-housing renovation projects for you. They understand the various complexities involved, and know how to plan and organize the assorted projects so that everything gets done by the time frame you need.
But, how do you know that a particular company can handle a multi-housing renovation project? Can every construction or remodeling crew accomplish what might seem to be a Herculean task? The answer – no! Not every construction company is equipped to handle multiple jobs being done within the same location. That requires a company with enough people power to get work done – effectively and efficiently. So, how can you find this type of company? Much like finding any other skilled craftsman! However, there are some things to keep in mind.
· Look for companies that have perform multi-hosha renovation projects in the past. You may want to talk to other property owners and find out who the recommend (or not) to get work done in a practical, cost effective manner.
· Talk to the relevant companies, and explain what you need to have done. Be sure they understand what your timeline looks like, and what your budget is.
· While it is important that the renovation team listened to you, and not over rule all your concerns or needs, it is also important that you listened to what you have to say. If you feel as though you are not being heard, or are made to be in significant, then that company should not be hired!
· If there are tenants still on the concessions while work is done, be sure to let the tenants know what is happening and sometimes learn from there is a time that works better for them to have the jobs done.
· Only work with companies that are fully licensed, bonded and insured! You do not want to get stuck with any outstanding financial issues or a job that was started but left unfinished resulting in having to start this process all over again.
· Never pay more than a third of the price in advance! Companies that ask for more than that are risky choices for work to be done.
Multi housing renovations do not have to be stressful for your or tenants. Take care in your hiring and before you know it, you can have your property as up to date as you want.